Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I’m going back to Australia in 7 weeks. It’s been 14 months since I was there last so there is an excitement in the air I haven’t experienced since I traveled around the world. I will be doing a 16 day tour of Brisbane, Sydney and their surrounding areas with stops in Noosa, Gold Coast and if time permits, The Great Barrier Reef.

My whole life I have lived by the old adage that ‘the grass is always greener’ and so far every time I have made choice to see if in fact the grass was greener, it has been. So, now that I am living in California where the beaches are long and white and the people welcome you with open arms all I can think about is how much I want to be back on the year-round warm beaches of Noosa or Mooloolaba with my friends doing absolutely nothing.

No matter how much green grass here there will never be whiter sand then that on the beaches of Australia.

Five years ago I was lucky enough to be blessed with an opportunity to travel through Europe, United States and Asia. The lure and prestige of the Greek Islands, South Beach and others seemed such an elusive destination and one I thought I would never see. Now that I have, as beautiful as they are, none compare to the Aussie beach of Mooloolaba that has so affectionately named its restroom sitting atop the beach overlooking the Pacific Ocean ‘loo with a view’. Ahh now if that doesn’t show the class and prestige that it deserves then I don’t know what does.

It is the great Aussie spirit that I am most looking forward to seeing from its people.

No comments: