Monday, August 27, 2007

Will.Work.For.Food.

My last day of work is on Wednesday. It’s a little sad to see a place disappear from my life after being consumed by it for 18 months. A place I would regularly spend 40 hour weeks at I now won’t see at all, possibly ever.

It’s been strange this last week seeing things in a new light. For everything I see or do is quite possibly the last time I will see or do them and perhaps the last time I will see this person or that person. Do I say goodbye or do I let them wonder where I am when I leave? To be that elusive being sounds intriguing.

Leaving some places congers up some emotions that I did think I would have. There are many places that I go to that I have been frequenting since I moved here. My (cross country) birth place of sorts that I am no longer going to experience.

My gym is one place I have gone to from the very first day and haven’t changed since. The people know of me but don’t really know me so will they wonder about me or will I drift out of their memory like a brief encounter in a far away city? I want to tell some of them but I do not think they will care. “Why is this man telling me this?” They would ask. The friends I have made in there I will tell.

So for the second time in twenty years I am departing my place of birth with a heart full of hope and spirit full of enthusiasm. I am leaving behind me friendships that only briefly had time to mature and bonding time with family. I am grateful for the time spent with my cousins for they have given me all I have here and the opportunity to define them for myself and not from others was truly enlightening.

I have found a warm soul to confide in and shoulder to lay my head and plan on building that union into something special, far beyond what life can throw at me.

I really have no idea what Ill be doing down south. I have no job. No interviews. No connections. But I do have hope. I have faith that my hope will be fulfilled and enthusiasm rewarded.

Now, if anyone has any job openings in the Los Angeles area please call me. I need a job! Living in LA doesn’t come cheap people!

2 comments:

jazz said...

shoot me an e-mail telling me what kind of work you're looking for.

i have some friends in l.a...

Anonymous said...

So happy for you that you're following your heart! Good luck :)