Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hollywood here I come?


Im thinking about moving. The bright lights and warm nights of LA are appealing to my inner senses. The urge to pack my bags, sell my house and make the road trip down there is becoming increasingly overwhelming.

There are a few things that stand in my way and its you who I choose to help me. If you so choose to accept my challenge I expect nothing other then an honest and fair opinion.

I have lived in Sacramento for about 14 months. I have a house with a dog and cat so its not going to be easy to just up and move (keep that in consideration). My house is fully furnished and I just bought a bike and a car. Work is great, kinda. See, the housing/real estate industry is very quiet right now and I am becoming bored with my position. I’ve never been one to stand around and wait for things to happen, I make them happen. Other then the fact that I have a pretty good job and the benefits could potentially be limitless due to me working for my cousins, I have options that most employees don’t, there really isn’t anything for me here in Sacramento.

Sacramento is a great city. I was born here some 25 years ago. I have some family here that I see, rarely, except for my grandparents and two cousins who I see often but other then that I don’t really know many people here, there’s not a great deal to do and overall im getting pretty bored. I guess the main thing is work is slow which is having a domino effect on the rest of my life.

North Hollywood, which is where I am planning to move if I do indeed blow this pop stand, is a great location. I know people down there, its close to the beach which I sorely miss, close to a lot of things to do and allows me to meet people more my own age and go out a little more.

Career wise it would be a hit. I probably wouldn’t be working in the same industry nor would I have anywhere near the benefits but I would/may be happier.

One option I would like to throw out there is to negotiate a deal with my cousins that would allow me to come back to my job in a couple of years when the industry picks up and spend those down years gaining experience in LA.

The grass is always greener. That damn philosophy gets me every time. This is one instance where the grass on the other side may be dead but I kinda wanna find out.

No comments: