Thursday, March 29, 2007

get a bike

There have been a lot of underhanded, sly, tricky and sarcastic comments related to and based solely on my decision to have a motorbike. Let me start by saying I think everyone should have a bike. Yep, I said it. You all should have a moped, crotch rocket, dirt bike or motorized scooter, anything that blows wind in your face. Why? Read on…

Remember when you were a kid and you would ride your bicycle or be swung around in the air by an uncle, parent or friend? How invigorating that was. It was such an adrenalin rush and then one day you can’t do it anymore. You’re too big to be swung around, your bicycle is too slow to really quench that rush and you’re stuck in the daily grind of everyday life.

You look for other things to quell the urge for adrenalin. Clubs, dates, surfing, movies, camping, sky diving and climbing. Some more dangerous then others. Some less rewarding too. Others far too often resulting in pushing the limits to exhaustion, injury or death but always searching for that elusive high.

I found my high in basketball, both played and watched. To this day there is nothing more rewarding then playing for a team and working towards a championship. The adrenalin pumping through is enough to satisfy any extreme sport fanatic but the older you get the less committed you and your teammates become. It’s harder to get to that place where you push for that life long rush.

I have spent years chasing the ultimate rush through sports, sky diving, traveling, fast cars, spending money, going to clubs, drugs and many other activities but nothing will ever give the ultimate high that im chasing. I’ve done some pretty spectacular things that have given me a rush I can’t describe but the ultimate is unattainable.

Wouldn’t it be incredible to have something that could give you an adrenalin rush at any time, whenever you wanted? When I know im going to ride my bike I get butterflies in my stomach, when im on my bike it gives a euphoric sense of being.

Find your youthfulness, get a bike

3 comments:

jazz said...

love LOVE motorcycles.

when i was 17 some old man (27) took me out on his.

i fell in love. with the bike, not the guy.

Steph said...

Bikes are sexy as all fuck!
Go on wid yo bad ass self! (see how i speak Merican?) :P

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.