Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Weekend #0702

I had a really great weekend. Work has been quite stressful lately, not because of the workload but more of other issues that are going on so it was a great couple of days to (try) not think about anything but relaxing.

Friday night Louie and I went to Zocolo's for dinner. It's an upscale mexican infused with mediterranean style menu. The ambience was beautiful and the overall vibe of mid-town is full of energy. There are people walking in every direction, cars hussling through stop signs and the old style homes of the area full of people wanting to be part of the action.

I didnt get as many pictures as I would have liked. I hate looking like the tourist so I try and take as few as possible. Having an accent is enough to make myself look touristy so I try to steer clear of 'happy shooting' and wearing anything that says Australia on it.

This is walking towards our restuarant in mid-town about 7:30pm


Not exactly sure why this makes me laugh. Doesnt really belong does it? Seems like this guy has his life belongings in that truck. You can see the interesting houses of midtown too.

Sunday I went wakeboarding with a buddy who basically taught me everything I needed to know when I moved here. If not for him I would still be wondering where to get my drivers license and social securities number.

Claude just had a baby (his wife atleast) boy about 6 months ago so he and his wife were excited to get out on the boat.



oooh yeah! My first time up on a wakeboard. Last summer I attempted many times to get up to no avail. This summer, with 6 months of snowboarding under my belt, I got up straight away. In fairness, I did get on a few weeks ago but only very shortly. I have a video of it which I will try and post on youtube.






This is a duck I was feeding pringles to. Apparently I made it sick because the stuff contained in Pringles apparently makes you ooze oil from your arse so we quickly drove away from Mr. Duck in hopes that his oily arse didnt contaminate our wakeboarding water area. I hope he's ok, I only meant to feed him.
This weekend im taking friday off to see one my work mates get married at Lake Tahoe. Its so picturesque up there and a great place to tie the knot. Im looking forward to delicious wedding food and watching all the women cry over a celebration, go figure.

7 comments:

surfercam said...

Thanks for the advice on Pringles - that might help cure my addiction...

JaG said...

I was just about to eat some Pringles. I'll leave them in the cupboard for the boyfriend now, thanks.

Nice pictures.

jazz said...

yeah, re: the duck...that might have been tmi, just a bit

Amanda said...

Wakeboarding, awesome. I imagine I'd fall off if I tried, but good on you.

I'm sure the duck will be fine.

Babs said...

My cousin tried to teach me to surf on a normal surfboard, nevermind one of those wake-things, once.

They have yet to stop laughing. And it was over fifteen years ago. I'll just stick to swimming.

Steph said...

Congrats on your stellar co-ordination. The one and only time I tried that, i nearly friggin drowned!!

surfercam said...

Hi Mate, I finally got around to adding your link to my blog.